Win a Trip to San Diego Terms and Conditions
TRAVELEX “TRIP TO SAN DIEGO PRIZE DRAW” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The promoter is Travelex Limited (ABN 36 004 179 953) of Level 28, 20 Bond St, Sydney NSW 2000 Australia, telephone 02 9696 9000(Australia) and Travelex Financial Services NZ Limited (Company Number 115663) of Level 14 Augusta House, 19 Victoria Street, Auckland 1010 New Zealand (New Zealand) (collectively referred to as “Promoter”).
- Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to Australian and New Zealand residents aged 21 years or over who can take the prize as outlined in clause 15 below.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st
- Entries into the promotion open on 16/05/19 and close at 11.59pm AEST on 16/06/19 (“Promotional Period”).
- To be eligible to enter, individuals must purchase AUD$200 (for AU entrants) or NZD$200 (for NZ entrants) or more of foreign currency in a single transaction, by exchange or by or loading currency onto a Travelex Money Card, at a Travelex store in Australia or New Zealand (including the online store but excluding any Travelex stores in arrival terminals at all airports located in Australia and New Zealand) during the Promotional Period.
- To enter, individuals must then visit travelex.com.au (for AU entrants) or www.travelex.co.nz (for NZ entrants), follow the prompts to the promotion entry page, input the requested details including their first name, last name, email address, mobile phone number and date of birth and submit the fully completed entry form during the Promotional Period. Entries will be awarded according to the amount of foreign currency purchased in a single transaction (in AUD or NZ, as applicable), as follows:
- $200-$499.99 = 1 entry
- $500-$999.99 = 2 entries
- $1,000+ = 3 entries
- Only one (1) entry submission is permitted per person during the Promotional Period. For the avoidance of doubt, an entrant will receive a maximum of three (3) entries regardless of the amount spent in a single transaction in excess of $1,000.
- Entrants must retain a copy of their purchase receipt as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of an entrant’s entry and forfeiture of any right to the Prize. The purchase receipt must clearly specify the store of purchase and that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period but prior to entry.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- The draw will take place at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, Erina Plaza, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina NSW 2250 Australia at 10:00am AEST on 28/06/19. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. The winner will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the relevant draw and published online at https://www.travelex.com.au/ and https://www.travelex.co.nz/ from 02/07/19. In the event of a winner from SA, their name will also be published in The Advertiser on 05/07/19.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There will be one (1) prize. The first valid entry drawn is a trip for four (4) adults (aged 18 years or older) to San Diego, USA valued at up to AUD$10,000 based on the recommended retail value and depending on date and point of departure (the “Prize”). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize or part of it. The Prize includes:
- Four (4) x return economy airfares from winner's nearest capital city to San Diego, USA (all flights departing from cities other than Sydney will be subject to a stop-over in Sydney subject to clause 17 below);
- Five (5) nights twin share accommodation;
- Four (4) x passes to the San Diego Zoo;
- AUD$288 (USD$200) voucher for Waypoint Public;
- AUD$216 (USD$150) voucher for Liberty Public Market;
- AUD$44 (USD$60) voucher for Carnitas Snack Shack;
- AUD$360 (USD$250) voucher for Puesto;
- AUD$576 (USD$400) voucher for economy car rental (either the winner or one (1) of his/her companions aged 21 years or over must have an unrestricted driver’s licence in order to redeem the car hire element of the prize); and
- a Travelex Travel Money card loaded with AUD$2,000 (if the winner is from AU) or NZD$2,000 (if the winner is from NZ) which can then be transferred to USD by the winner.
The following conditions apply to the Prize:
Additional spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, transport to and from departure point, transfers, passports, visas, meals, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. Prize must be taken by 28/06/2020 (this means the holiday must be completed and return by 28/06/2020) and is subject to booking and flight availability. Prize cannot be taken during Australian or New Zealand school holidays, public holidays or other peak periods. The winner and his/her companions must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Itenerary is subject to change and may be adjusted depending on location, departure city, flight schedule or other factors. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. The winner may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in. A deposit may be required at check-in to the hotel and this is not included in the Prize.
Travel is subject to availability on American Airlines operated flights only, booked in the Main Cabin where the Main Cabin is available and will only be confirmed within 60 days before departure. Flights are not eligible for frequent flyer mileage accrual. Travel may be restricted at certain times of the year due to heavy demand on services. Passengers must travel together on the same itinerary for the entire journey. No changes are permitted once tickets have been issued. This Prize is non-transferrable, non-redeemable for cash or other goods and services. It cannot be bartered, refunded or sold. No compensation will be payable if the addressee is unable to accept the Prize as stated.
San Diego Tourism Authority (SDTA) prize package elements (such as any respective passes, gift certificates if any) are restricted to the Prize winner and have individual expiration dates, are non-changeable, are not transferable, cannot be redeemed for cash and all standard requirements and restrictions will apply. Hotel accommodations are based on space-available basis. Hotel includes room and tax only. Car rental accommodations will be arranged directly by the SDTA with the Prize winner (Standard Economy Car Rental to accommodate four (4) guests) and must be booked by 28/06/2020. The car rental is subject to standard rental conditions. Petrol and insurance is not included.
To the extent permitted by law, the Prize winner will release and hold SDTA and SDTA’s employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents and participating sponsors harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind resulting from or relating to the acceptance, possession or use of the Prize, including, (except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees as defined below) personal injury, claims based upon publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, or any other claim which entrants now have or may hereafter have. The Prize winner agrees that, to the extent permitted by law, SDTA assumes no liability whatsoever for the acts or defaults of any company or person providing the Prize, or for any events occurring after the award of the Prize (except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees). Nothing in this clause or these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the Non-Excludable Guarantees.
- Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Travelex Travel Money card are not included. Any unused balance of the Travelex Travel Money card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the Travelex Travel Money card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the Travelex Travel Money card.
- If the winner and his/her companions reside outside of NSW he/she will receive four (4) x return economy airfare from his/her nearest capital city to Sydney, NSW and one (1) night accommodation, valued at up to AUD$2,000, depending on date an point of departure. For the removal of doubt, if the winner is from New Zealand, then the winner and his/her companions will be required to travel to Sydney (from New Zealand) and onto the USA, and for the journey home, from the USA to Sydney and onto New Zealand. For the removal of doubt, this will only be awarded in the event the winner resides outside of NSW, and not if one (1) or more of his/her companions reside outside of NSW. If a drawn Participant resides within NSW, the Participant will be responsible for their own transport to and from Sydney Airport.
- Subject to the unclaimed Prize draw clause, if for any reason the winner does not take/redeem the Prize (or an element of the Prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the Prize (or that element of the Prize) will be forfeited.
- If the Prize (or part of any Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Total Prize pool value is up to AUD$12,000.
- Prize, or any unused portion of the Prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- A draw for the prize if unclaimed may take place on 30/09/19 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The first valid entry drawn and successfully contacted by phone and in writing will win the Prize. If the unclaimed Prize winner cannot be contacted within 48 hours, the Promoter will contact the next drawn winner until a Prize winner is determined. Winner, if any, will be notified in writing within 48 hours days of the draw and its name will be published online at https://www.travelex.com.au/ and https://www.travelex.co.nz/ from 30/09/19. In the event of a winner from SA, their name will also be published in The Advertiser on 02/10/19.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome).
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used.
- As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and his/her companions) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia or any statutory consumer guarantees as provided under consumer protection laws in New Zealand (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, and without limiting the exclusion of liability under clause 28 above, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use or taking of a prize or participation in a prize; (g) the Promotion or any prize; (h) any act or omission of American Airlines, SDTA or any other third party.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/34181, ACT Permit No. TP19/ 03206, SA Permit No. T19/ 642