- What products can I buy online?
Orders placed on www.travelex.co.nz are orders for foreign currency cash and/or for prepaid cards1. Find out more about prepaid cards here.
- How long can I place an order in advance of collection?
You can place an order up to 21 days in advance of the collection date.
- How much foreign currency can I purchase or how much can I load onto a prepaid card?
All orders are subject to a minimum basket value of NZD250 and a maximum aggregate value of NZD10,050 over a 24 hour period (and maximum aggregate value of NZD20,000 over a rolling 21 day period). View T&C
Note: orders above NZD5,000 and collected at Post Outlets come in two (2) packets. Please ensure you are handed over both packets.
- Can I request for specific denominations?
Unfortunately you are unable to specify denominations as part of your order. Orders are typically packed as mixed, which means that you will receive a mixture of high and low denominations dependant on the availability of the currency you are ordering.
- Travelex Money Card FAQ
Click here to read the Travelex Money Card FAQ
- I made my Bill Payment within 12 hours of placing my order. However, I realised that my Bill Payment was made after banking hours and as such, you might not receive my payment immediately. Will my order be cancelled?We strongly encourage you to make your Bill Payment within 12 hours from the time you place your order to ensure that the payment is received as soon as possible, and that your order is processed in time for your nominated pick-up date. Our system is designed to allow for possible delays in receiving payments when orders are made after banking hours. However, we do reserve the right to cancel your order if payment is not received within 12 hours of the time your order is placed.
- Can I use a foreign-issued credit or debit card when placing my order?Travelex only accepts New Zealand-issued Visa or MasterCard credit or debit cards.
- Can I change the pick-up date of my order?You may change your collection date provided that you contact us at least 4 Business Days prior to your nominated collection date. The new collection date must fall within the original collection dates highlighted when you made your order.
- Can I cancel my order?
Online Foreign Currency orders: You may not reverse or “cancel” an order for Online Foreign Currency once you have made payment for your order. If you wish to reverse the transaction, you will need to attend a Travelex store to sell your Online Foreign Currency to Travelex on such terms as both parties agree.
Online Cash Passport orders: You may cancel an Online Cash Passport initial purchase at any time prior to collection. To cancel an Online Cash Passport order, contact our Customer Service Centre on 0800666391 or email@example.com. You will need to provide your details and order reference number.
Reload of Cash Passport: You cannot cancel online reloads of Cash Passport cards.
- If I cancel my order for which I have already paid, when do I receive my refund?It may take up to 10 Business Days after we receive your cancellation request for the refund to reach your bank account.Due to security reasons and to protect you from fraud, your refund will only be sent to the bank account or credit/debit card from which the payment originated.
- What is a Post Outlet?
Post Outlet is our name for shops that are affiliated with NZ Post and that are available for foreign currency pick up. The store will either be an NZ Post location or an NZ PostShop.
You can find a list of the Post Outlets here
- Orders above NZ$5,000 collected at Post Outlets
Orders above NZ$5,000 that are collected at Post Outlets come in two (2) packets.
Please ensure you are handed over both packets.
- Can I earn Qantas Frequent Flyer Points when purchasing foreign currency or a prepaid card on your website?
You will not earn Qantas Frequent Flyer Points when ordering on-line at www.travelex.co.nz.
We may from time to time conduct special promotions where we offer Qantas Frequent Flyer Points in which case the earning and redeeming of any Qantas Frequent Flyer points will be subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant promotion.
Qantas Frequent Flyer Points may be earned on certain foreign currency transactions in-store at Travelex or via the Qantas website. For more details, please visit a Travelex store or the Qantas website. Qantas Frequent Flyer Points are not available on the purchase or reload of prepaid cards. Terms and conditions apply.