Travelex Privacy Statement
At Travelex, we are committed to ensuring the privacy of the personal information you have provided to us. It is a requirement of the Information Privacy Principles (IPP’s), established under the Privacy Act 2020 (the 'Act'), that you be informed about this process and how we may use the information you provide.
This policy applies to Travelex Financial Services NZ Limited (Company Number: 115663, NZBN: 9429032062953). It describes our collection, use, storage, and disclosure of your personal information when you use our website bureaux de change stores, ATMs, customer services telephone lines and when you interact with us using other channels such as social media platforms, as well as information we receive when you purchase or use Travelex branded products which are provided by our partners.
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully.
1. Information we collect
We collect and process personal information in three ways:
1a. Personal Information you give us
When you request a product or service
When you use the Travelex Services, we may ask for information about you and people nominated by you. This may include your name, date of birth, home address, billing address, office address, e-mail address, the form(s) of identification you provide (e.g. passport or driving licence) and the personal information contained within those forms of identification, mobile telephone number, landline telephone number, credit or debit card information, travel details (including future travel dates and destinations), other payment details, such as your bank account information, as required by us in order to complete your transaction and provide you payment choices.
If you do not provide us with the information asked for, we may not be able to provide the service you have requested.
We may be required to collect personal information and keep copy of your identification and supporting documents to comply with our regulatory requirements.
Video surveillance is utilised in our branches and ATMs for the purposes of prevention and detection of crime and public safety. These images may constitute personal information, for the purpose of the Act and may be collected but are kept for a limited period of time.
1b. Information we collect from your use of our services
We may collect information about you, the Travelex Services and how you use them. This could include:
- Transactional information about our Services.
- Information you share with us when you contact us for any reason either in writing, by phone or by any other means. This may, for example, be in-store at one of our bureaux or through our contact centres.
- Information when you take part in promotions, or competitions or surveys.
- Data collected by cookies and corresponding technologies.
- Location information, for example your IP address.
1c. Information we receive from third parties
We may also receive information from third parties. This may include information about you from other sources with whom we work closely to provide the Travelex Services to you, including third party payment and delivery service providers, identify verification and fraud prevention services, and Travelex Group Companies.
2. How we use and disclose the information we collect
We may use and disclose your information for fulfilling obligations imposed by the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Financing of Terrorism Act 2009 (“AML/CFT Act”) and other law enforcement disclosure requests.
Your personal information may also be shared with Travelex Group Companies in Australia and overseas. Your personal information may also be used and disclosed for following purposes:
- In order to provide the product or service and complete the transaction you have requested, your personal information may be transferred to an overseas company.
- To comply with the obligations we have to our third party product issuers or third parties providing products or services on our behalf, so that they may process your order or otherwise provide the information, products or services you have requested.
- We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with our legal obligations or in order to enforce our conditions of sale (including the Online Terms and Conditions) and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Travelex, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other organisations and law enforcement agencies for the purposes of anti-money laundering obligations and sanction compliance, fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
3. Retention of Personal Information
We only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for us to use your information as described above or to comply with our legal obligations. After this period, we will destroy or de-identify your personal information.
4. Maintenance of Accurate Information
Our goal is to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you believe that the information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
5. Security and Storage
Travelex is committed to keeping secure the information you have provided to us. For example, your information is stored in secure premises and access to these premises is strictly controlled.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
In this age of internet shopping, we understand that customers require peace of mind when it comes to the security of using the internet. We use modern security methods including, but not limited to, data encryption to safeguard the information provided by you.
6. International Transfer of Information
In some instances, we may contract with external companies for the provision of products and services to you. These companies may include or be associated with money transfer services (including international funds transfers), insurance, information technology services and records management. Only information about you pertinent to the supply of these products or services is provided and strict confidentiality requirements adhered to. In the instance where personal information is disclosed to an external company operating in a foreign country, we will ensure that the information will be protected by a law or a contract which upholds a similar level of data protection as is achieved by the IPP’s under the Act.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer, phone or tablet by websites or sometimes by emails. Cookies provide us with useful information which we use to improve our website and make it possible for Travelex to identify some of your preferences. When you revisit our website, Travelex's computer server will recognise the cookie, giving us information about your previous visits which help us to analyse how our customers interact with our sites so we can make improvements. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you as an individual.
We use three types of cookies on our websites:
- Session cookies that are deleted after each visit.
- Persistent cookies that remain in place across multiple visits to our sites until they either expire or you delete them.
- Third party cookies that are used by our approved business partners.
Most browsers are originally configured to accept cookies automatically; however, you may also refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser. Please note that if your browser is not configured properly or if you alter your browser to disable the acceptance of cookies, the website may not function correctly.
8. Links to Third Party Websites
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of selected partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and notices which may or may not adhere to a privacy Statement or be governed by the IPP’s. Travelex cannot accept any responsibility or liability for such policies and notices. It is therefore advisable to check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
9. Access to your personal information
You have the right to access, and to request that we correct, the personal information we hold about you. If you find that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or out-of-date then we will correct it upon your request.
If you wish to access your information then we ask you to contact us (refer to 'Contacting us' section of this Privacy Statement). We will have to verify your identity prior to meeting your requests, which we will process in a reasonable time.
In the event we refuse you access to, or refuse to correct, your personal information, we will provide you with an explanation for that refusal.
10. Privacy Complaints
If you wish to complain about any breach or potential breach of this Privacy Statement or the IPP’s, you should contact us (refer to 'Contacting us' section of this Privacy Statement) and request that your complaint be directed to the Privacy Officer. It is our intention to use our best endeavours to resolve any complaint to your satisfaction, however, if you are unhappy with our response, you are entitled to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner who may investigate your complaint further.
11. Changes to this statement
Travelex may make changes to this Privacy Statement from time to time for any reason. We will publish these in amended brochures, notifications and on our website.
Any changes we make to our Privacy Statement in the future will be posted on our website. Please do check our Privacy Statement from time to time to take notice of any changes made.
12. Contacting Us
If you would like more information about the way Travelex manages your Privacy, or to Opt-Out of marketing communications, you can contact us by:
- mail addressed to The Privacy Officer, Level 28, 20 Bond Street Sydney NSW 2000; or
- calling us at 0800 666 391 (press option 2); or
- sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for your privacy-related enquiries; or
- sending an email to email@example.com to opt-out of marketing, promotions and related communications. You will also be also provided with an unsubscribe link in any email or SMS message we send.